Christmas with the Spoiled Royal Girls

Wow! It has been a long time since I've had time to sit down and update. I thought that it would be cool to make all of our Christmas gifts this year. I'm pleading temporary insanity! Because I was just plain old nuts for doing that. I worked right up to the day of Christmas. I will never do that again. All that work coupled with the fact that I was sick made for a pretty miserable holiday. One plus side Rick bought me gifts this year. He never does that. He got me a real pair of Uggs. So I can get rid of my Costco knockoffs. 2 sets of very comfy pj's and some kick around shorts. The girls of course made out like bandits. They got all kinds of cool stuff. Cassi got the Moon Sand she's been dying for. That stuff is a Huge mess; and did you know that it will eat the finish off of wood surfaces? It will! And it did! Cassi got some on our wood floors and when I went to sweep it up it was stuck to the floor. So I got out a rag and proceeded to try and scrape it off the floor. To my horror the finish came up with the moon sand! Oh; I could have died. Other than that the girls got some pretty fun toys. Emma got roller skates. That was a riot! Only after she ate it a few times did she decide that maybe it would be a good idea to wear the knee and elbow pads that came with the skates. lol... Kylee got a Disney Princess 3 wheel scooter. She loves it! It even came with a basket to hold the hand made dolly I made her. Then Rick opened his present from the girls. They got him a Camo print Carhartt jacket. Which he needed desperately. His other one is getting really gross.


All and all Christmas was successful. Rick and I made Christmas dinner and after I cleaned up the girls and I went to my moms to exchange gifts but mostly to see my grandparents who had come to visit. We only see them a couple times a year so its always exciting to see them. My grandma Kay is the one who inspired my love of sewing. She's amazing! You should see some of the stuff she's made! Grandpa's always quiet but I know that he likes to just sit back and take it all in. I have to say this Christmas was one of the best visits I've had with them. Everyone else went home before they got there so I actually had my grandparents and my mom all to myself (well...and the kids too. but you know what I mean). That never happens! So it was an awesome visit. My mom gave me a beautiful necklace, Its a silver chain with a puffed heart pendant. But the cool part is that the heart jingles; and it came with a sweet poem explaining that every time it jingles it is to remind me how much she loves me. which made me tear up a bit. I don't think she has a clue how much I love her; and how blessed I feel that she is my mom.

Here are some pictures of all the festivities!
Outdoor Decorations
Photobucket

Lit tree...yes it was so lopsided we had to tie it to the wall.
Can you tell Daddy just grabbed the first tree he saw.
Photobucket

Christmas Eve. Note Cherish is at the top of the tree ready to head home to Comet.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Christmas Morning.
Please forgive the Bed head on the Munchkins. lol...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Kylee had to change into something more princess like to model her crown and jewels.
Cause you know princess's don't wear pants. They only wear dresses.
Photobucket

Kylee and Chloe (the doll I made her) in her tent that Nana Valerie Got her.
She has slept in it every night since Christmas Eve.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Stacy - Mae Mae's Creations said...

I bought some moonsand after Christmas on supersale to save for my kids. I am so glad you mentioned your problem!!! It looks live the girls had a great Christmas :D

Your new blog theme looks great too!